Day 1 of your #CommitToClear challenge!
Psst, wanna know a secret? Achieving clear glowing skin is a commitment. A daily commitment. A lifestyle change. It's about removing habits that end up leaving your skin dull, tired, congested and with constant problems, such as blemishes, dryness, redness and inflammation (as well as all the others!)
Along using 5 drops of skin lover day & night CONSISTENTLY - we also encourage you to live a healthy lifestyle! Small daily changes can not only dramatically improve your skin, but also your energy, vitality and levels of happiness.
- Cut out or reduce dairy intake. Most evidence-based studies agree that acne can be irritated by dairy as it is a highly inflammatory food.
- Switch up all processed and packaged foods for clean, wholesome and nutritious meals. Foods with healthy oils and omega 3 fatty acids can do wonders for your skin. Try these foods: Avocado, brocolli salmon, olive oil, nuts, sweet potato, leafy greens, capsicum, tomatoes and grapes.
- Drink celery juice daily. If you're really serious about clearing your skin, this anti-inflammatory nutrient dense vegetable will flush out all the nasty toxins from your body which can cause breakouts. Try adding pineapple and ginger for something more sweet!
Drink at least 2-3 litres of water per day, no matter what! Drinking plenty of water is essential, as it helps flush out toxins and hydrate your skin from the inside out. It’s the best way to detoxify your whole system!
Beauty sleep is real. 5 hours just wont cut it! Make sure you're getting 7-8 hours minimum every night. Lack of sleep can lead to excess oil production and increased stress, which can both cause or exacerbate breakouts.
Move your body and get sweaty for at least 30 minutes a day. Your body will thank you for sweating out toxic materials whilst increasing endorphins for higher levels of happiness and overall motivation.
We all know that stress is a huge factor causing breakouts which is why this week you will also start implementing meditation for 10 minutes as part of your morning routine. Simply sit with your eyes closed and allow thoughts to come and go. If you really want to challenge yourself, increase your meditation by 5 minutes daily. You will be amazed at how clear and sharp your mind becomes (and how your skin clears up too!)
BALANCE HORMONES NATURALLY
Hormones play a huge role in your skin. If your hormones are imbalanced, this can lead to all types of problems - including acne! A lot of women opt to medication to help balance their hormones, however always seek professional advice from your GP.
Supplements We do highly recommend taking the following supplements daily to help you balance your hormones naturally:
- Zinc - 8mg
- Daily Probiotic
- Omega 3 Fish Oil - 3 capsules per day
- Flaxseed Oil - 2 capsules per day
- Turmeric - 1 capsule per day
- Evening Primose - 2 capsules per day
- Daily Multivitamin - 1 a day
Upon following the challenge, you should notice a big difference to the suppleness, glow and softness of your skin within 4-8 weeks. You will not only have achieved a healthier lifestyle, but healthier skin too! Good luck xx